While the weather was turning for the worse (i.e. good for snowboarding), I was wondering if I'd be able to go kirkwood due to having gotten sick.
In the end, I just decided to chance it, got up at the crack of dawn, and headed up with Jen thanks to my coworker Matt and his wife who were driving up there, and picked us up.
Unfortunately, despite the early departure, we got there quite late (on the slopes by 11:00), most of all the fresh powder was just gone. Yet, the conditions were still quite good
Day 2 was more dicy: very windy, but otherwise good snow conditions too.
We also got there quite late in the morning due to a small but miscommunication between me, half sleeping in the car, and the driver, whom I thought knew how to get to kirkwood (i.e. the same way we took the previous night, except the other way around), and he ended up going back on hwy 50, driving towards home for a good 45mn before I was awake enough to notice. Doh!
We eventually turned around and went back to kirkwood. That'll teach me not to pay attention, and assume anything.
All in all, a good weekend, I was healed by saturday morning, and got home without having hurt myself or even being sore :)
As usual, if you want to, you can look at the
rest of the pictures from Kirkwood
yes, in some places you had powder past your knees
It can't be that hard now, can it? Other people manage to stop on the way down :)
Deep palisades, lots of work to get there, but it was nice
Nice to know what I had done that day (see GPS post)
Oh, the nice rotor cloud, just like it said in my mountain flying book
The second day had decent snow but bad weather