I knew 2 ft was coming, but the probblem was also a lot of wind. I figured I'd give it a shot and go with my Tesla before the storm got bad. My Tesla got there without problem, I had to stop 30mn in Manteca to recharge, and arrived in kirkwood with 15% left. I then got parking with charging with my 2 nights of housing thanks to Pyramid Peak properties.
The next morning, I woke up to 2ft of powder, but very heavy winds. Sure enough the lifts obviously didn't open on time, but kirkwood did an amazing job getting things opened and cornice opened at 10:30, despite heavy winds at the top and a sheet of ice when you unloaded. Snow coverage was weird, the wind packed most of that snow, so it wasn't very fluffy, and in places it was icy as the entire 2ft of fresh snow had been blown off. Still, it didn't suck :)
did I say windy?
Coop came to see us in line to let us know about delays
and by 10:30, we were up :)
and by about 14:00, the wall got opened, which opened more nice runs
While the conditions were rough, it was very cold and super windy, but eh, you have to get the snow when you can :)
The next day was pretty much a bluebird, but very windy, so windy that they were not able to open chair 4 until 13:50:
I hiked up the ridge from the top of cornice
still super windy
finally the backside opened and I got 3 rides before they closed it for the day