Umax Actionbook 520T
This page only has information specific to this laptop. If you haven't come from
there, and before Emailing me, please look at the
main page for more info and specs.
I believe I had to write custom modlines to get X to work correctly. If you
can't get the modlines to work, try Emailing Scott Henry (firstname.lastname@example.org), he's
the one I sold my laptop to.
- The laptop was the fastest among the AMD 300 laptops I tested
- The S3 Virge video chip is superior to the Neomagic. It comes with 4Megs of
RAM and has much better 3D acceleration than the neomagic. Under windows 98, it
is supposed to let you have two independant displays on the LCD and external
- You get suspend to RAM or suspend to disk, not both at the same time
(you need to choose which one you want in the bios)
- The sound volume is not a rolling button, it's a function key combinaison
- APM half works: /proc/apm shows up, and you can tell if you're on battery
or AC, but you can't find out what the battery life is. After calling up Umax
tech support, I found out that it's because the battery they ship is not a smart
battery, probably in order to save a few pennies.... How cheap can they get?
Link to Home Page
Last updated on September 23rd 1999. V 1.2