WELCOME TO ARENA 0.97
Prerelease 0.97 of Arena has bugs and
shortcomings, and its primary purpose is to be a testbed browser for
HTML3 and style sheets. Set your expectations accordingly.
available for several platforms. The last version is 0.97h.
- 0.97d released. It fixes a number of fatal bugs,
removes some mem-leaks, and supports the BASE tag. Stylesheet
mechanism reimplemented and extended. Ctrl-U clears the
character input field.
- 0.97e released. Support for hierarchical contexts when
addressing elements in style sheets. Support for color names
(e.g. "red") in addition to hexadecimal specifications. Changed font
size of html source.
- 0.97f released. Support for WIDTH and HEIGHT in IMG and
FIG. Less jumpy. Some improvements in the status messages.
- 0.97g released. Extended math support. Experimental
support for style sheet control of environment properties. Significant
performance increases. A few new "stylish" bugs. Also, text/plain
doesn't work properly.
- 0.97h released. Mostly a bug fix release: text/plain
fixed, history list deletion fixed, picture alignement improved, HTML
comments better handled
In addition to the bugs in 0.96s, 0.97e adds the following:
If you want to report a bug, please send the mail to
firstname.lastname@example.org. Older versions of arena print out a defunct
mailing addres when exited.
- file urls are displayed as text/plain if no extension is given
- font sizes in forms are random (and, yes forms don't work!)
- reloading the initial page with a style sheet attached sometimes
leaves the page without a stylesheet.
- if a style sheet comes in while in html source mode, the font
- subclasssing the Anchor element does not work
- color.background should be supported as an alias for back.color
- a P element within a DD will upset the style definition of
- the stylesheet mechanism is not yet fully in charge of table
formatting. Rainbow table borders may be a result
- The initial document has to be of type text/html